There are certain basics which should be followed for making the strategic evaluation effective. These characteristics are as follows:
- The activities of evaluation must be economical.
- The information should neither be too much nor too little.
- The control should neither be too much nor too less. It should be balanced.
- The evaluation activities should relate to the firm’s objectives.
- It should be designed in such a manner so that a true picture is portrayed.
There can be many more such requirements. Large organizations require a more elaborate system than the smaller ones.