The Act empowers the state Govt to exempt , the person responsible for the payment of wages to persons employed upon in railways (otherwise than in factory), or to persons employed as daily-rated workers in the control, public works Department or the state from the operation of this section. However, no such order shall be made without consultation of the central Government. In case of daily-rated workers.
All wages shall be paid in current con or currency notes or in both.
Payment by Cheque
An employer may, after obtaining the written authorization of the employed person, pay him the wages either by cheque or by crediting the wages in his bank account.
a) Concept of deduction
- Every payment made by the employed person to the employer or his agent.
- Any loss of wages resulting from thea imposition, for good and sufficient cause, upon a person employed, of any of the following penalties :
Brief about the organisation refering to :
Our organization ECO-CARE & AWARE is a non profit organization providing training and support service to Developmental Sector. Support services includes planning and formulation of developmental projects, technical support during implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation, Training and Capacity Building, Research & Study, Micro Planning & PRA (Participatory Rural Appraisal).The organization caters its best services for the judicious use of Natural, Human and Physical resources.
The areas of activities include Environment, Watershed Development, Forestry, Biodiversity, Sanitation, Minor Irrigation, Biotechnology, Sustainable Agriculture, Horticulture, Capacity Building, Micro Finance, Training and Awareness.
Fines [Section 7(2)(a) and 8 ]
The fine shall be imposed on any employed person only for acts and omissions which has received approval of the State Government or of the prescribed authority, and has been specified by notice under Sub-section (2).
- A notice specifying such acts and omissions shall be exhibited in the prescribed manner on the premises which the employment is carried on or in the case of persons employed upon a railway (otherwise than in a factory), at the prescribed place or places.
- The fine shall not be imposed on any employed person unless he has been given an opportunity of showing cause against the fine.
- The total amount of fine which may be imposed in any one wage-period on any employed person shall not exceed an amount equal to three percent of the wages payable to him in respect of that wage-period.
- No fine shall be imposed on any employed person who is under the age of fifteen years.
- No fine shall be imposed on any employed person shall be recovered from him by installments or after the expiry of sixty days from the day on which it was imposed.
- Every fine shall be deemed to have been imposed on the day of the Act or omission in respect of which it was imposed.
- All fines and all realization thereof shall be recorded in a register to be kept by the person responsible for the payment of wages under Section 3 in such from as may be prescribed; and all such realizations shall be applied only to such purposes beneficial the persons employed in the factory or establishment as are approved by the prescribed authority.
All the amounts realized in our organization are credited to a common fund maintained for the staff as a whole and are applied for common welfare of the employees as a whole increasing the Quality work life of the employees.